Privacy Notice for Team Members
As you may know a new regulation called the General Data Protection Regulation comes into effect on 25th May 2018. As part of the process of integrating the GDPR we will require your consent to continue to use your data for your employment and to meet our statutory duties.
What is your ‘Personal Data’?
Personal data is information that says something about you as an individual, so it would normally include your name, and/or contact details, or even photographs of you.
What kind of information do we hold about you?
Upon acceptance of your post at UK Language Courses, you will have provided us with the following:
- your full name and date of birth, including a copy of your passport / driving license for verification
- your contact details, including: name, address, telephone number, email address (and contact details of your next of kin)
- proof of your qualifications, your cv (or equivalent on our application form), proof of address and previous
- employment details
- bank details and NI number for payment of your salary
- medical details
- any information necessary to complete an enhance DBS check.
Apart from the information you give us, we may also receive information about you from your previous employers, through references, and may need to carry out further checks such as prohibition and barring list checks.
Additional data will be collected regarding you during your time with us. This will include:
- attendance, including any relevant medical details and sick notes
- salary details including NI and pension contributions and Income Tax paid
- details of any accidents within the school and first aid administered details of any disciplinary procedures, hearings or warnings
- details of any complaints made against or by you
- photographs taken of you whilst participating in school life
Without your consent, we will not process any personal data about you which we do not need.
Why do we need this information?
We need to use personal data in order to:
- carry out our statutory duties, including employment activities and periodic inspections
- provide appropriate pastoral care
- provide services needed while at the centre
The purpose of processing your information is to provide our students with the best service we can, as well as to meet our other legal requirements, including those pertinent to employment law.
For certain “special categories” of data (like health or ethnicity information) we rely on your consent. This means you will be asked for consent for certain sensitive data to be processed.
is not exhaustive and there may be further necessary information collected on occasion.
What do we do with this data?
The information detailed above is all stored either in electronic or paper form at the Head Office or the centre where you are staying and is not shared with any third party unless this is necessary for us to perform our statutory duties. We will contact you for your consent to share information in these, or any other, circumstances.
We will also do all that we can in order to protect your personal and sensitive data, all appropriate computers and folders are password protected and paper files are locked away.
How long do we keep this data?
We are also obliged to retain your data for some time after you have left the organisation, and such information may be requested by future prospective employers in the form of references. The retained data will be securely stored and then destroyed after 3 years from the end of the tax year they relate to. This retention period is a legal requirement of HMRC.
How you can access your data?
You can, at any time, ask to see what data we hold about you or withdraw your consent to our processing your data.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to UK Language Courses, Suite 1D Rossett Business Village, Rossett, Wrexham, LL12 0AY. ([email protected]). If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete or you do not wish to be contacted, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.