We know how important it is for each individual student to find their own path in language learning. We use a wide range of methods to engage and stimulate our students. This is why we have created a curriculum based on the students’ age, level and needs, structured into three different programmes:
- FUN(Ages 8-11): Engaging lessons that offer a wide range of materials and activities specific for our young learners. It makes games into lessons and lessons into games;
- CONNECTION(Ages 11-14): Dynamic lessons that include a variety of topics and media, especially designed to reflect the quick-paced interactive world our younger students are growing up in. Available in levels A1-C1;
- ACTION(Ages 14-17): Lessons specifically designed to engage our older students through more suitable tasks, topics and contemporary issues.
Available in levels A1-C1.
CONNECTION & ACTION programmes consist of three different lessons a day
- TBL (Task-Based Learning)
During these lessons students are encouraged to complete a task. New language is acquired and skills developed through the task as the students speak and work together.
- S&S (Skills & Systems)
These lessons aim to empower our students’ linguistic awareness and capabilities by working on all language skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking) and systems (grammar, phonology, lexis, discourse), as well as using materials relevant to exam preparation (KET, PET, FCE, CAE, TOEFL, IELTS, GESE).
- CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning)
These lessons merge CLIL and British Culture. Students learn about art, literature, and science, or about the history and the geography of the UK, while activating their linguistic knowledge.
We offer classes at all levels from Elementary to Advanced. Students take a placement test on their first day of lessons to ensure they are placed at the correct level*. We also offer a specific test for students with special needs.
We offer the option of taking the Trinity College London Graded Examination in Spoken English (GESE) on site for courses of 10 days or longer.**
We can offer alternative, bespoke English language lessons for our ministay groups. We can deliver a range of English for Specific Purposes courses on request so please contact the team to discuss your group’s requirements.
Students are taught in class sizes up to 16.