Wycombe Abbey, High Wycombe
High Wycombe is a thriving market town with a population of 83,523 and is situated northwest of London. The town has a long and colourful history, appearing in the Domesday Book and known to have been inhabited by the Romans. The town centre presents some beautiful Georgian architecture, including the Little Market House (or Pepper Pot, as it’s often referred to), and the stunning Guildhall.
Wycombe Abbey was founded in 1896 and now boasts a wide collection of facilities within 170 acres of grounds, including tennis courts, a swimming pool, sports pitches, performing arts centre and a gym. The campus includes woods, gardens, and a lake, and rises up to 150 metres above sea level in the Chiltern Hills.
The buildings across the site are a mixture of old and new architectural styles and include Grade 2 listed buildings, giving this centre a traditional English boarding school feel. See the Wycombe Abbey Interactive Map, including a 360° tour of Pitt and Rubens boarding houses.
UKLC is proud to announce its collaboration with this prestigious boarding school, for the launch of the Wycombe Abbey Summer Programme, an innovative experience for young leaders of tomorrow.
The course allows students to engage in four hours of morning lessons exploring
- British Culture
- English for Academic Purposes and Exams
- Projects and Creations
- 21st Century Skills
Students also select one elective for the duration of the course, enabling them to
- become global ethical leaders (Leadership and Sustainability);
- learn the principles of design and technology (Digital and Beyond);
- create and produce a dramatic performance (Performing Arts);
- or understand how to maintain an active lifestyle (Sports, Health and Wellbeing).
Minimum level of English: B1
- Wednesday 3rd July - Wednesday 17th July
- Wednesday 17th July - Wednesday 31st July
- Wednesday 31st July - Wednesday 14th August
- Astro-turf pitch
- Indoor swimming pool
- Large sports hall
- Sports fields
- Squash courts
- Tennis courts
- Multi-bedded (2-4) en-suites
Excursions can include
- British Musuem
- Cambridge with College Tour
- London with Hop on Hop off Bus Tour
- Oxford and Christ Church College tour
- Science Museum
- Shakespeare's Globe Theatre
- West End Show
- Windsor Castle
- 12 - 17 year-olds