University of Chester – Parkgate, Chester
Chester University has a history dating back to 1839. Parkgate Campus is just a short walk away from the vibrant city centre. The eclectic mix of modern and historical buildings combine to create an attractive campus with good sports facilities and large social spaces.
The city was founded as a Roman fort 2000 years ago with the name Deva Vitrix and is now a must-see European destination. The vibrant city centre boasts a mix of cafés and shops next to ancient Roman walls, rows, an amphitheatre, historic architecture and archaeological features. With Grosvenor Park, the River Dee and The Shropshire Union Canal, there are plenty of outdoor spaces to enjoy too.
Homestay & residential accommodation is available at this centre. Our homestay accommodation is provided through an independent local organisation.
- 3G Astro-turf pitch
- Astro-turf pitch
- Dance studio
- Indoor swimming pool
- Large sports hall
- Tennis courts
- Homestay (External provider)
- Single en-suites
- Twin en-suites
Excursions can include
- Chester with Chester Cathedral
- Chester with Roman Tour & Cheshire Military Museum
- Liverpool with Beatles Museum
- Manchester with City of Manchester Stadium Tour
- Shrewsbury with Shrewsbury Castle
- Wales with Conwy Castle
- 11 - 14 year-olds (Groups and Individuals)
- 15 - 17 year-olds (Groups and Individuals)