UKLCx (Clifton College only)
The UKLCx programme, for individuals and small groups only, is based at Clifton College. It is specially designed to connect the English Lessons with the full-day excursions to give students a fully immersive experience.
- Full-board residential accommodation (including 3 meals per day);
- A weekly theme (sample themes include the environment, marketing, entertainment and politics);
- English language tuition (20 hours per week) including English Experience Lessons (14 hours) and Electives* (6 hours);
- Course materials, placement test and end-of-course certificate;
- 2 full-day excursions per week plus a local visit day in Bristol;
- Daily “Brain Exercises”;
- Daily “House Exchanges”;
- Evening activities;
- 24-hour supervision and welfare support.
*Electives: Students can choose from various different activities, including:
- Young Environmentalists;
- Grammar workshops;
- Public speaking;
- Debating (mini UN);
- News reporting;
- Creative writing.
Students can choose the following extra electives for an additional fee:
- Professional football coaching;
- Professional golf coaching;
- Professional tennis coaching;
- Exam preparation;
- Horse riding.
Full-Day Excursions Include:
- London with a West End Show;
- London with a visit to Shakespeare’s Globe;
- London with a visit to the Houses of Parliament;
- Cadburys World;
- Windsor Castle and Hampton Court;
- Outdoor team building activity days (including kayaking, abseiling and raft building).
Students develop problem solving skills whilst developing their English language. The topics are designed to engage students in multidisciplinary work that reflects practices they will experience at work or university. As such, this course improves students’ confidence and their ability to communicate about various topics.